The requirements to apply are the following:
- Have earned an undergraduate (Bachelor or equivalent) degree before the start of the program
- Have earned a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale (where 4.0 is the highest GPA possible) in your undergraduate degree
- Be a native English speaker with a Passport from one of the following countries: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Ireland, India, Jamaica, Malta, New Zealand, the Philippines, Portugal, the Netherlands, South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, or Sweden. If you have a passport from another English-speaking country, please email us about eligibility for this program.
- A recommended B2 (intermediate) level of Spanish, or a C1 (Advanced) for the Masters in Aprendizaje y Enseñanza del Español como Lengua Extranjera.
There is also an interview as part of the application process. After sending in the online application, applicants will be contacted by the Admissions office program to schedule an interview.
Applications for the 2021/2022 cohort will be accepted from January 15th to March 15th, 2021.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. All applicants will be notified of their application status on or before April 9, 2021 via email.
Accepted students who do not make the first payment/ deposit by the established deadline will have their admission offer revoked.
Applying to the Teach & Learn in Spain Program
When filling out the online Application Form, you will need to enter details about your academic history, the contact information of two references, your preferred funding option, etc. You will have to complete the online application form, attach the Application Documents, and pay the non-refundable fee of 100 Euros in a single session. Once the application has been submitted, it cannot be modified.
Before you start the Application Form:
- Note that the application in progress cannot be saved.
- Review the description of the required documents before starting your application. The information you enter in the online Application Form is subject to verification. Make sure that all the information provided in the application is accurate.
- Make sure you have PDFs of all your Application Documents ready to upload. If a document consists of several pages, please scan it in a single PDF format file. Please save files as LastName, FirstName NameOfDocument (ex: Smith, Jessica Passport).
- When uploading files to your application, make sure that the documents are legible and no larger than 2 MB. If you have any issues with uploading documents, please attach a smaller file to all document upload areas and then send your files via email as attachments or through a secure file sharing website or via email.
- The Teach & Learn in Spain program can accept references from professors, professional mentors, managers, supervisors, or coworkers who can speak extensively about your experience and/or work ethic.
- Be sure that your full name appears in all documents as it appears in your passport (last name, name, and middle name). If there is inconsistency in names across documentation for the same person, additional documentation may be required.
- Please note that this program will give you the right to apply for (or renew) a student visa in Spain, and does not grant you the right to work in Spain/the EU. Additional documentation will be required by your Spanish Consulate to be granted a student visa, should that apply to you.
- Current Language Assistants (Auxiliares de Conversación) in public schools in Madrid, please email email@example.com BEFORE applying if you are selecting Option B to confirm eligibility.
There is a non-refundable Application Fee of 100€ to be paid as part of the Online Application Form using PayPal. (You do not need a PayPal account to pay via PayPal).
In order for your application to be processed, the required documents must be submitted via the Online Application Form:
- Undergraduate diploma (PDF format) (if you have not yet graduated, you must provide a letter from a university official confirming your enrollment and stating your anticipated graduation date. Please note that holding an undergraduate diploma is a prerequisite for the Teach & Learn in Spain program.) with the file name LastName, FirstName Diploma (or LastName, FirstName letter of enrollment).
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts (PDF format) with the file name LastName, FirstName Unofficial Transcripts.
- Passport (PDF format) with the file name LastName, FirstName Passport.
- Marriage or other Change of Name Certificate (PDF format), if the name on your passport and the name on your diploma do not match.
- Statement of Intent/Personal Essay (PDF format) with the file name LastName, FirstName Essay.
- Resume/CV (PDF format) with the file name LastName, FirstName Resume.
- An ID-style photo of yourself (PDF, JPG, or JPEG format) no more than 240×200 pixels, on a light-colored background with the file name LastName, FirstName Photo.
Please do not submit documents that are not listed here.
Don’t yet have your undergraduate diploma?
You can still apply for the Teach & Learn in Spain program! Submit your application documents during the application window.
Instead of providing your diploma and final transcripts, you are required to submit upon application:
- an official letter from your university confirming your expected graduation date and the exact title of the diploma that will be awarded.
- your most recent transcripts.
You cannot be enrolled until your degree has been awarded. Enrollment is based on obtaining the degree for which you have been offered admission.
Once accepted additional documents will be required. These documents are outlined in the relevant Application Checklist.