Application period: November 15th, 2017 –
15th of February of 2018 Deadline Extended to March 27th
The Master in International Education is part of the Teach & Learn in Spain Master Program, and it is designed for future professionals, teachers and administrators who pursue a career in an international environment in all educational levels (from kindergarten to high school).
This Master provides a comprehensive background in the historical, theoretical, and social foundations of international education programs including: the cultural aspects in the classroom, global English in an intercultural context, and leadership and educational management in an international environment.
It is structured into three distinct areas that include: academic courses, a life experience portfolio and the submission of a Master’s Thesis. It lasts an academic year (9 months), from September to June, and is worth 60 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits. It combines onsite classes (Fridays) with online sessions (during the week).
This is a one-year Master propio accredited by the Universidad de Alcalá, a public university recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education.
It is further complemented with hands-on experience in a school in Madrid as a language assistant, in which students will come into contact with the social and cultural diversity of Spanish schools.
- To understand the theories related to international education, its challenges and its possibilities.
- Offering a theoretical and practical framework in which students can learn and apply different concepts, techniques, theories and methodologies in the classroom.
- Getting hands on experience as language assistant in a bilingual school in an international context.
- Developing the skills to become a committed school leader or administrator.
Requirements to apply to the Master
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be a native English speaker
- Minimum of a 3.0 on a 4.0 GPA scale
- It is recommended that students have an intermediate level of Spanish (B1 level) as some of the courses are taught in Spanish
This Master prepares you to work in schools as a teacher or in administrative/leadership positions, such as: program coordinators, managers, school administrators, and other positions.
It also provides you with the opportunity of exploring other fields of education, such as: English as a Second Language, Bilingual Education Specialist, Curriculum development, Education development, Cross-cultural Studies.