Alice Gould Research Award
6th ALICE GOULD AWARD 2020
The Chapter in Spain of the Daughters of the American Revolution and the University Research Institute for American Studies “Benjamin Franklin” of the Universidad de Alcalá announce the Alice Gould Award in recognition of the promotion of American History and Education.
This award addresses to a student of any of the Masters in the Teach & Learn in Spain Program of the Instituto Franklin-UAH of the course 2019/2020.
A €400 award will be given to the selected MA thesis. In addition, the thesis could be published in the journal Tejuelo. Didáctica de la Lengua y Literatura. Educación if it passes a peer review.
A second prize of €100 will also be given.
Proposals must be a research project (MA thesis of the Teach & Learn in Spain Program presented as final project of the Master). There will be special consideration of those projects that bring about one of the following topics:
- Education: comparative studies in Educational Systems, and other aspects such as the introduction of American Culture, methodology, values, among others.
- History: for example women’s role in American Society, immigration, etc.
- The holder must mention the received aid in the publications derived from the research project.
- If the winner is in Spain, the DAR – España Chapter will need the winner’s Spanish bank account number (IBAN) so that the prize can be transferred to that person’s account (in Euros).
- If the winner is in the United States, the money will be sent via bank check (in US Dollars), and the winner will need to provide an address where the check can be sent.
The application form must be duly completed and submitted together with:
- Curriculum vitae (résumé) (1-2 pages).
- MA Thesis. (It must be uploaded on Blackboard before the application submission)
Deadline for submission: June 5th, 2020.
Proposals will be submitted on website
Eligibility criteria: A Commission appointed by DAR and the Instituto Franklin-UAH will study and evaluate the proposals. The final decision will be published on the Instituto Franklin-UAH website.
For any questions before submitting, please contact Carlos Herrero Martínez email@example.com