Round Table “Climate Change”
Presentation of Tribuna Norteamericana nº28 "Climate Change"
On the occasion of the presentation of the Tribuna Norteamericana Nº 28, Instituto Franklin-UAH organizes this round table to discuss an issue that causes global concern: climate change.
Place: Casa de América. Plaza de la Cibeles, 2 (28014) Madrid.
Date: Thursday, March 28, 2019.
Registration: Free registration up to capacity.
- Antonio Pérez-Hernández, General Director of the Casa de América (@casamerica).
- Manuel Mª Lejarreta, Secretary General of the Fundación Consejo España-Estados Unidos (@FundConEspEEUU).
- José Antonio Gurpegui, Professor of American Studies at the University of Alcalá (@IB_Franklin).
- Frank Talluto, Economic Attaché at the U.S. Embassy in Spain (@USembassyMadrid).
- Manuel Peinado, Professor at the University of Alcalá and Researcher at the Instituto Franklin-UAH (@mpeinadolorca).
- Bárbara Pons, Architect and Sustainable Construction Specialist (@UOCuniversidad).
- Cristina Crespo, Director of External Relations and General Coordinator (@criscrespop).
Collaboration: Fundación Consejo España-EE.UU.
Follow us via Twitter @IB_Franklin #TribunaNorteamericana, #TN
Environment, Science, Technology and Health Officer with the U.S. Embassy in Madrid.
In the Foreign Service, Mr. Talluto has represented the interests of the United States in Pakistan, Argentina, India, and South Africa. As a professional diplomat in economies, Mr. Talluto is an expert in energy, water, health, agriculture, and environmental issues, including climate change negotiations and oceans management.
Manuel Peinado Lorca
Professor of the Plant Biology Department at the Universidad de Alcalá.
Bachelor’s Degree in Biology by the Universidad de Alcalá. PhD in Biology by the Universidad Complutense de Madrid. At the Universidad de Alcalá, he has been Secretary General, Secretary of the Social Council, Vice Chancellor for Research and Director of the Plant Biology Department. He is also Director of the Chair for Environment of the General Foundation of the Universidad de Alcalá. He specializes in the study of vegetation of western North America, where he conducted his research since 1989. His latest research highlights issues related with the Climate Change and Fracking. He collaborates extensively with the blog Diálogo Atlántico.
Urban Strategy Department of the public company Barcelona Regional.
Bárbara Pons is an architect, PhD in Urbanism and Regional Planning and Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture by the Graduate School of Design from Harvard University. Ms. Pons is a specialist in sustainable urbanism for the Emergent and Sustainable Cities Program of the Inter-American Development Bank.