Application period: from November 20th, 2019 to February 20th, 2020
The Master in Global Higher Education is part of the Teach & Learn in Spain Master Program and is directed to students that are currently immersed in work related to higher education in an international context or have an interest in a career in that field. The master’s degree focuses on developing experts who can design, implement, evaluate and arrange educational programs in the sector of higher education. The program adopts a heterogeneous perspective for the study of higher education in all of its emphasis, teaching an equal value and dynamic of the multiple and complex roles that are held by higher education professionals and teachers in this field.
The program also responds to the growing demand from the Comunidad de Madrid schools with which the Instituto Franklin-UAH has signed agreements. These schools demand more prepared assistants who understand the functioning of the international and bilingual schools in which they work and that can adapt to a different changing and sociocultural environment.
- Develop knowledge in the area of international higher education, delving into the theoretical, methodological or technological aspects for the understanding, analysis and discussion of the main trends and problems faced by this field of study.
- Identify future trends and aspects of international higher education that will affect this area of study and the professionals who work in it.
- Experiment through a professional practice as conversational assistants, experience the reality of schools, the preparation and performance of teachers who have implemented bilingual programs in the Community of Madrid and how they are influenced by international reality that is changing at various levels such as social, cultural, political levels, etc.
Requirements for getting a Masters
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree.
- Be a native english speaker with a passport from one of these countries: Australia, Belgium, Canada, the United States, Philippines, Finland, Ireland, Malta, New Zealand, Portugal, South Africa, Sweden or the United Kingdom.
- Have an average grade of 3.0 GPA.
- It is recommended to have an intermediate Spanish level (Level B1) due to some of the courses being taught in Spanish.
This Master’s degree prepares students to work in the world of higher education in administrative or leadership positions. It also provides students with the opportunity to explore other fields of global higher education, such as: student affairs, alumni relations, accreditation agencies, financial aid, marketing, education consulting, admissions, and more.