Application period: November 15th, 2017 – February 15th, 2018.
The Master in Special Education in a Bilingual Context is part of the Teach & Learn in Spain Program and it is designed for teachers who would like to work in Special Education, from Preschool to Primary school in a bilingual setting.
There is a need for professional and competent teachers in the areas of student diversity and special needs, specifically in a bilingual context. The classes of this Master include the last trends developed to better serve those students with special needs, taking into consideration their capacities and the diagnoses that students present. This program focuses on the psychosocial context of the students, the support and aids they need, the support networks they have, as well as the best counseling services and teaching methodologies for these students.
This Master is directed to students whose first language is English.
It is structured into three distinct areas that include: academic courses, a life experience portfolio, and the submission of a Master’s Thesis. It lasts an academic year (9 months), from September to June and is worth 60 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits. It combines onsite classes (Fridays) with online sessions (during the week).
This is a one-year Master propio and is accredited by the Universidad de Alcalá, a public university recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education.
It is further complemented with hands-on experience in a school in Madrid as a language assistant, through which students will come into contact with the social and cultural diversity of Spanish schools today.
- Offer a theoretical and practical framework in which students can learn and apply different concepts, theories and ideas about students with different capacities in an integrated bilingual environment.
- Get hands-on experience in a school as language assistant, the reality of education in general and bilingual education in particular in the Community of Madrid.
Requirements to apply to the Master
- Have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be a native English speaker
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Must have at least 2 years of experience teaching in a school
This Master prepares you to work in schools as teacher for special education students.
It also provides you with the opportunity of exploring other fields of education, such as ESL, Bilingual Education Specialist, Curriculum development, or Education development.