Application period: November 15th, 2017 –
February 15th, 2018. Deadline Extended to March 27th
The Master in School Management is part of the Teach & Learn in Spain Master Program. It is designed for professionals, teachers and administrators who will develop their career in a school in management and administration positions at all educational levels (from kindergarten to high school).
There is a need for professional administrators and managers in schools that operate in bilingual settings. This Master offers the right training including subjects related to planning, leadership, technology, finance, organization, assessment and evaluation, and administration of schools considering the changing and complex environment in which we live.
It is structured into three distinct areas that include; academic courses, a life experience portfolio and the submission of a Master’s Thesis. It lasts an academic year (9 months), from September to June and is worth 60 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits. It combines onsite classes (Fridays) with online sessions (during the week).
This is a one-year Master program (Máster propio) and is accredited by the Universidad de Alcalá, a public university recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education.
It is further complemented with hands-on experience in a school in Madrid as a language assistant, through which students will come into contact with the social and cultural diversity of Spanish schools today.
This Master is only available to students who choose either Option B or Option C for their funding options.
- Learn and understand the leadership, management and administrative challenges faced by schools, as well as the environmental complexity in which organizations operate today.
- Develop a global perspective on the resolution of educational issues.
- Acquire the necessary skills and competences to run a school efficiently: leadership, marketing, assessment and evaluation, technology, finance and budgeting, culture and organization.
Requirements to apply to the Master
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be a native English speaker
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Must have at least 2 years of experience teaching in a school
This Master will prepare you to work in executive and management positions in schools, such as: Principal, Head of Studies, Coordinator, Counselor, or Manager among other positions.