Application period: November 15th, 2017 – February 15th, 2018.
The Master in Learning and Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language is part of the Teach & Learn in Spain Master Program and it is aimed at native English speakers who are interested in delving in the learning and teaching of Spanish as a second language.
The focus of the program is on developing and enhancing knowledge and skills in language, language acquisition, and language instruction that are essential for both effective teaching and successful learning. It also provides guidance for understanding the process of second language acquisition in general, and Spanish in particular.
It is structured into three distinct areas that include; academic courses, a life experience portfolio and the submission of a Master’s Thesis. It lasts an academic year (9 months), from September to June and is worth 60 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits. It combines onsite classes (Fridays) with online sessions (during the week).
This is a one-year Master propio and is accredited by the Universidad de Alcalá, public university recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education.
It is further complemented with hands-on experience in a school in Madrid as language assistant through which the student will come in contact with the social and cultural diversity of Spanish schools today.
- Training future teachers of Spanish as a second language considering the teaching-learning process of a diversity population of students and their background and context.
- Exposing students to different methodologies and teaching strategies for individual learning.
- Getting hands-on experience as language assistant in a bilingual school in an international context.
- Create and design materials and resources for teaching Spanish.
Requirements to apply to the Master
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Being a native English speaker
- 3.0 GPA
- Students must have a C1 level, attested by a diploma or level test.
This Master prepares you to teach Spanish as a foreign language in charter and public schools.
It also provides you with the opportunity of exploring other fields of education, such as assessment and evaluation, curriculum development, program coordination, teacher training, and corporate instruction among others.